From newsletter to a full on thriving business is how Goop.com was started by one of the top celebrities in the world, Gwyneth Paltrow. Being a movie star and a mom wasn’t stopping her from starting her weekly newsletter in 2008. This newsletter had one purpose: To give her opinion on lifestyle matters such as fashion, travel, food and health.
So, if she can start a multi-million dollar business with a newsletter, then so can you. As a matter of fact, you can start right now! I mean why not? Think about it. You have a perspective too, right? Then go ahead and let your pretty little fingers start typing away and tell us your perspective on the things that you’re passionate about.
Tell us what you’re PASSIONATE about…that’s the trick! If you don’t write about things that turn you on, then your newsletter will probably be a flop and it will not go anywhere. So if collecting pet rocks is your thing, then by all means, tell us about it! I’m sure there’s an audience for those who are fanatics about pet rocks…right?
Especially for all of us coaches, speakers and authors out there, we’re all passionate about helping people with our expertise. A newsletter should be an integral part of your business and building a brand. Almost every successful brand out there sends out some form of email correspondence.
So get to it and make sure to copy me on your newsletter. You never know…it can turn into a multi-million dollar business!
No matter how busy you are, you DO HAVE TIME to write an email to let your audience know the latest thing going on in your life and business.
Reflect on what you feel is getting in the way of writing a newsletter. Can you truly not find 15 minute increments through your day or week to write ideas or your perspective on things that you’re passionate about?
1. Write down all of the reasons why you don’t believe you have time.
2. Read your list out loud. Go to your kitchen stove and burn the list. While it’s burning, repeat this affirmation: “I will no longer make excuses.” “I will no longer make excuses.” “I will no longer make excuses!”
3. Get on your computer, tablet, phone or whatever writing tools you have handy and only spend 15 minutes writing down your perspective/thoughts on something that relates to your audience. Do this twice a day and three times per week. By the end of the week you’ll have enough content to send out your newsletter.
You see, it’s not that difficult.
1. You’ll need a list of all your emails.
2. You’ll need an account for email marketing service.
If you need assistance in building your newsletter or have questions regarding content, schedule your Complimentary 30 Minute Strategy Session with us and we’ll get you all setup…